The last weeks before my pregnancy have been very busy although we are supposed to rest during those moments. One of the things that I did early on was getting ready my hospital bag. I think I was way too excited for that moment that I got ready way ahead of time. A list? You will find many online. But what did I actually use?
The preparation of “the suitcase” is done in two steps: essentials for mommy and essentials for baby. Today, it’s all about Mommy needs:
– Super comfy pajamas ideally with an easy access top to facilitate breastfeeding. I enjoyed going to the Thyme maternity’s comfy section and I will share with you some of my favorite pieces.
– You will also need breastfeeding bras (especially after “milk flow”). I purchased two items from thyme maternity and I loved one so much that I went back and got 3 more. They come in very handy when breastfeeding outdoors and I also feel comfortable sleeping in it. (I also packed my nursing pillow and some nursing pads)
– Extra large and absorbing sanitary pads (for the first days at least) since baby won’t be the only one wearing diapers.
– Large comfortable underwear. I got mine from Walmart (Fruit Of The Loom).
– A complete bathroom kit. I know that some women shower at the hospital and put on makeup but I personally feel like I brought way to many unnecessary items. I barely used my face-wash, cream, lip balm, hair ties, deodorant, face mist and toothbrush.
– Things to snack on (obviously).
– Clothes to leave the hospital. Prepare maternity pants or an elastic pant ( I will include a selection of nice pants that I loved wearing while pregnant). I left the hospital with my zipper wide open. I thought I would fit into my boyfriend jeans but no luck there! I realized then that I have to give my body the time it needs to get back in place.
– Your phone charger.
Biggest thank you to my husband and my parents that were the single most important elements I brought with me to the hospital.
Don’t hesitate if you have any questions or doubts, I will be happy to help